ISSST is a conference that serves as an interactive platform allowing scientists, artists, engineers and humanists to exchange and create sustainability ideas and solutions.
Every year participants submit abstracts for presentations, posters, papers, panels and workshops describing research, applications, tools, and case studies in the following topics:
- Systems design, performance, and optimization
- Smart and connected infrastructure
- Resilience and planning
- Management and technology for energy, water, food, materials, manufacturing, and waste
- Business & industry practices / case studies
- Advances in methods (e.g., life cycle assessment, social impact assessment)
- Decision support tools
- Public policy
- Human behavior and sustainability
- Education in sustainability science
We also actively encourage and accept creative contributions on topics not listed!
All presented and discussed topics are screened for their:
- Technical Quality
Extended abstracts and full papers can be submitted to the ISSST Proceedings and will be peer-reviewed. Authors retain ownership of their papers, which will be published online, open access, under a CC-BY license.
The Proceedings are indexed by Google Scholar and each archival paper receives a unique digital object identifier.
Past proceedings are available online at: http://dx.doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.805146